When Hunger Strikes
Even though you may not feel like snacking much if you are eating keto or simply stay in mild ketosis during the day, there can be some days where a small low-glycemic snack is most welcome. During the busy holiday season, having healthy snack options on hand can be a big help when you have a long weekend to-do list. Here are 12 delicious options.
12 Keto-Friendly Snacks
- Grass-fed beef, wild-caught salmon, or organic chicken jerky (homemade or minimally processed)
- Canned smoked oysters, anchovies, etc.
- Avocado mashed with sardines (out of a can)
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Raw or dry roasted nuts and seeds. Make sure there are no vegetable/seed oils or added sugar.
- Portable packets of almond or cashew butter (paired with cut-up raw vegetables)
- Kale chips or seaweed chips
- Any low-glycemic leftovers (slices of cold meat or poultry, roasted vegetables, etc.)
- Pasture-raised/grass-fed or organic cheese made with raw milk (directly from a farm ideally)
- Dark chocolate: 85% cacao or above
- Magic Spoon cereals – one of my favorites!
- Keto-friendly protein or collagen bars – I particularly enjoy the Bulletproof Collagen Protein Bars, Primal Kitchen Bars, Perfect Keto Bars, Epic Bars, and the Design for Health KTO BARS. Having one or two protein bars in your purse or bag at all times is a sure way to satisfy any hunger cravings and to stay away from unhealthy snack options.
Do you have a favorite keto-friendly snack?
Until next time!
Axe, Josh. Keto Diet: Your 30-Day Plan to Lose Weight, Balance Hormones, Boost Brain Health, and Reverse Disease. New York, Little, Brown Spark, 2019, p.106.
Sisson, Mark. “My 14 Favorite Keto-Friendly Snacks.” Mark’s Daily Apple, 26 Apr. 2018, http://www.marksdailyapple.com/keto-friendly-snacks/. Accessed 29 Nov. 2021.
You can also find me on Instagram.